From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an executable to connect to cRIO

I need to create an executable that will connect to a cRIO-9053. Executable needs to do be able to read and write to the cRIO.

I've done this once for a wireless Wi-Fi connection, where I used the TCP VI's. But in my current application, I would just like to use an ethernet cable.

Do I still have to use TCP VI's to accomplish this? I guess what I'm getting at is I would prefer not to have to add another loop to my program for TCP connections just for this executable since it's going to be temporary. It would be cool if all I had to do was create the executable and it magically works. But.....I'm guessing an executable is missing certain things that the licensed software has and it won't be possible.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(531 Views)

Hi David,

@David99999 wrote:

I've done this once for a wireless Wi-Fi connection, where I used the TCP VI's. But in my current application, I would just like to use an ethernet cable.

From a software point of view it doesn't matter you are using a WiFi connection or a LAN cable: it's still network communication!

So use TCP functions. Or UDP. Or NSVs. Or NetworkStreams. Or…

(In the end they all use UDP/TCP under the hood.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(491 Views)