LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an exe with 6.1 and VISA

I am trying to create an exe using labview 6.1 that is using VISA to communicate to serial devices. When I install to a different machine my visa selection box on the front panel is disabled. However if I create the exe in 6.0 everything works fine. Any ideas?

Terry S.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,590 Views)
I don't have 6.1 to try it but I'am assuming that you may need to upgrade the VISA driver on the target machine (be sure it's the same with the one on development machine).

Hope this helps
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,590 Views)
The VISA selection box references a specific file that may not be on the target machine. Even if it is, the strings "com 1", "com 2", etc may not refer to the same port on the target computer. The following link address this issue: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/3efedde4322fef19862567740067f3cc/db5e81eafc9a463886256aa8005ea2b1?OpenDocument

Also check to see that the same VISA run time engine is on both machines.

Jeremy Braden
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,590 Views)
I'm a little confused. When I use the application builder and create an installer, are not all the required files, including the VISA drivers added and then when the user runs the installation everything is installed?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,590 Views)
I had the same problem you have. You must install the VISA run-time on the target machine. Then the controls are no longer gray. I still don't have everything working, but I did get the controls to function.
-Jim
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,590 Views)