From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an array from a number indicator display

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I am super new with LabVIEW programming and I am stucking with this problem for a couple of days.

I programmed an interface that shows two displays with real time measurements of V (the same that the actual instrument has). I represent these measurements with a waveform chart without any problem.

After that, my idea was to take the measurements showed in the display in an array, until a botton is pressed. Then, these numbers are averaged with the loop interaction number.

My problem is that only the first box of the array refreshes, and I cannot get more than 1 measurement for averaging it. A have seen a couple of people IV's where they set the array to a 2D one and it takes the measures until stopped, but if I set the dimensions of my array to 2 I have an error in the wire between the build array function and the voltage array.

Thank you in advance for your time and attention

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,163 Views)

I recommend that you go through the training material at the top of this forum. You are making an array on every iteration of the loop that contains only 1 element. You need to use a shift register to retain the values. Also, there is a Mean primitive available in the Probability and Statistics pallette.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,140 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DFMarq

@johntrich1971 wrote:

I recommend that you go through the training material at the top of this forum. You are making an array on every iteration of the loop that contains only 1 element. You need to use a shift register to retain the values. Also, there is a Mean primitive available in the Probability and Statistics pallette.

Not quite john!.... Do get rid of the build array inside the loop.  Then right-click the output tunnel and select Tunnel Mode>>Indexing.  Dead on about the use of Mean.vi though

Also, there is no reason to have a wait in the while loop.  The VISA Read will pace the loop just fine.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,130 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@johntrich1971 wrote:

Not quite john!.... Do get rid of the build array inside the loop.  Then right-click the output tunnel and select Tunnel Mode>>Indexing.  Dead on about the use of Mean.vi though

Also, there is no reason to have a wait in the while loop.  The VISA Read will pace the loop just fine.

Agreed. I had assumed that there was going to need to be some additional logic to only take specific readings based on a misreading of the OPs post (plus I cringe at the idea of building an array in a while loop uncontrolled anyway).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,125 Views)