From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a main menu

Hi, need help in making a simple menu where another vi pops up upon clicking the button. What program blocks can I use or does anyone have a simple example? I am using labview 8.5. Thx.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,131 Views)

HI

Refere LabVIEW example "examples\general\uievents.llb\Menu Selection with Events.vi"

Hope this helps

Regards

Santosh

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,115 Views)
Sorry, but I can't quite understand it. When I click run, it doesn't show up any menu even though it is written in the explaination that it would.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,105 Views)

Hi Emo123,

can you show what you have done so far?

Maybe this helps: http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-3771

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,103 Views)

HI

Please find attached snapshot that shows the menu while running, you can just click on any menu and see respective VI will open

Regards

Santosh

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,098 Views)

Thx for the help but I realised a mistake on my part (Oh, and I just found out the drop-down menu is named sample.rtm). I apologised for not being specific with my question and how misleading the title is. 

The thing I wish to accomplish is this - I have a menu, like a content page. When I click a button on this content page, it loads/pops up another Vi. So, it acts like a front page for my other programs.

My apologises again.

Message Edited by Emo123 on 07-28-2009 01:09 AM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,088 Views)
Anyone knows?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,054 Views)

Hello Emo123,

May be you can post what you have tried so far and what kind of difficulties that you are facing.

Have you try to find in the LabVIEW examples such as simple subpanels, etc?

Regards,

Meadow

- Meadow -
LabVIEW 7.0 - 2011, Vision, RT, FPGA
TestStand 3.0 - 4.5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,040 Views)
Try this little example.  Just place these two vis in the same directory and run 'TestPopup.vi'  I changed a couple of settings for Popup.vi, basically set the window appearance to custom and checked 'Open Front Panel When Called' and 'Close if originally closed'.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,033 Views)
Thx, think I will figured out how to do it using the examples. If anything crops up, I will bump this thread again. Thx.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,027 Views)