LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a driver for a Hamamatsu Spectrometer

I am trying to to have a Hamamatsu spectrometer, model C12880MA, interface with my LabVIEW code. I contacted LabVIEW and they told me that I needed to use a driver in order to do this but the only current driver LabVIEW has for Hamamatsu spectrometers is not compatible with the model spectrometer I am using. Hamamatsu sent me the file that is attached below that seems to contain the information I need to create my own driver for my spectrometer but I am not sure on how to go about doing this. Thank you for any help or advice. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,823 Views)

I see you have a full description of the DLL interface within the appropriate PDF in your file.  This should contain all you need to get some functionality going.

If I were you, I'd try to contact someone close to you to dot his work for you if you are unfamiliar with DLL interfacing.  It can be tricky first time around.

But, if you really want to learn how to do it, there's some details here.  If that doesn't seem too daunting, then maybe some trial and error with the DLL driver may be your best way forward (be ready to have to restart LabVIEW a lot during this process).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,774 Views)

So I was trying to try use the call library function node in LabVIEW but the DLL I was trying to use does not have any functions in that library. How exactly do you create a function in a DLL?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,761 Views)

That is because the contained DLL is not a classic DLL that exports functions, but rather a .Net assembly. You interface it through the .Net functionality in LabVIEW and not the Call Library Node.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,731 Views)

I was wondering if you could find a solution to your problem. I have same problem, but i have found a workaround. I save the data in a notepad file and read the same from labview. I know this is crude, but is there a better solution?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,324 Views)