LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a SubVI to Configure Instrument Settings (Best/Easiest/ Way all you experts do it)

I have an Action Engine that controls my communication with an instrument (Init_AE, Spot Measure, Start Continuous, Stop Continuous, Measure Continuous, Close_AE). I would like to have a command that is Configure AE that opens a SubVI for editing important controls for the application. I have been going back and forth on how to do this properly for days and am pulling my hair out.

Right now I'm passing in a clustor with all the controls and returning the same typedef of clustor back to the Action Engine to be stored in the uninitialized registor for settings. 

I'm just having a problem with using events within this SubVI and would really appreciate some feedback. I'm sure most of you will laugh at this method i'm trying to implement but I've reached a brain block and need some ideas please. 

Thanks,

Kellen

Full_B2985A is the main template that I'm trying to replicate from insturment to instrument that I'm programming.

B2985A_AE is the action engine I mentioned above.

B2985A_CFG is the mess of a configuration SubVI I'm working on.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,439 Views)

My personal preference is this LV2011 Calculator function using the Plug-In Architecture with the VI Server.  You will need to change the initial path. Once that is done, you will see it's simplistic adaptability, and elegance.   Heart

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,375 Views)