cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Clone VI in Real Time Platform

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I wanted to create a clone VI in LV real time on cRIO 9022 Controller. I have changed the VI execution properties and selected pre allocated clone reentrant execution.

But I am unable to generate clone like this.

I have read from here, ''You can configure LabVIEW to either preallocate or share clones of a shared-clone reentrant VI within aTimed Loop or Timed Sequence structure''.

My question is how can we create a clone VIs in RT platform? are clones restricted to Timed loops only?

I am using LV 2013,  cRIO 9022, NI 9114 chassis

Thanks

Bharadwaz

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,048 Views)

Hi Bharadwaz,

do you get any error message or code? How do you determine that it is not working?

Kind regards

Dennis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Work with NI Hard- and Software for about 15 years now.

Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Developer/Architect

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,009 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bharadwaz

Hello 

I got It, it was similar to what you do it on normal LabVIEW VI. I was expecting a change in VI name into CloneXXXX.vi but in real time i think you dont have this indication.

As there was no name and when I try to open instances of these Realtime clone VIs all were directed to the actual VI itself, hence I thought it was not working.

but I think it how it is in Real time.

I made a test using simple addition of numbers using clones and it works fine.

So you do not get the clone instance names when you open the front panel and we cannot highlight the execution of Realtime clone VI

I think it is an obvious phenomenon.

Thanks

bharadwaz 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,995 Views)

Hi Bharadwaz,

yes, this is a little bit different in Realtime Systems.

I am glad you could solve your issue.

Could you please mark this thread as solved?

Best wishes

Dennis

Work with NI Hard- and Software for about 15 years now.

Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Developer/Architect

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,991 Views)