LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Real-Time Bar Plot

I am currently trying to take two sets of data (x-axis (volume),y-axis (depth)) and create a bar plot.  I am acquiring this data every 100 ms. I have the ability to show this on an XY Graph, but I would prefer to have more of an accumulating bar for certain zones.  I tried using a histogram but I have failed quite successfully. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,521 Views)

First off, making the barchart itself is not the hard part - it's just a matter of selecting it from the popup menu for the graph. The tricky part can be getting the data to plot. It sounds like you are wanting to accumulate counts or something for discrete ranges of values. If so, I would think that the histogram is exactly what you need. Could you post the code for you histogram experiments? Perhaps there's something you don't understand.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,512 Views)

Mike,

I am including a couple screen shots of what I currently have.  The first screen shot is currently how I have the system, as I am withdrawing upward (depth) out of the ground I am filling it with a certain amount of concrete (volume).  For myself the current graph makes sense, but talking with a few others in my office and around the company, it would be easier to show the operator a bar graph of the volume increasing as he is withdrawing out of the ground.  I made a mock up drawing of what I would like to do for this (second screen shot).   The way that I see this working is that the operator enters in a certain amount of depth to accumulate the volume over.  This then would create the height of the bar and as the volume is pumped in that depth range the bar increases.  I have also included the screen shots of the Histogram that I tried and failed miserably at.  Maybe I just wasn't using the histogram function correctly.

Thanks for the help,

Fritz

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,497 Views)

FritzHB,

Altenbach has already made a great example doing exactly what you would like to do here.  

ColeR
Field Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,468 Views)