LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Horizontal Lines on a Chart

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm looking to create Horizontal lines on my waveform charts. I realize I can't use cursors on a chart but I want to find a way to draw lines on the y axis of a graph(chart) from a control on my front panel. The reason for this is: I'm measuring a sine wave that changes in amplitude due to deformation of a material. I need to adjust the span using these horizontal lines as reference.

I understand that I could just use the bounds of the graph to due this but then I wouldn't be able to tell how far outside the bounds I'm going. I'm a super novice to Labview and you guys have been such a great help with all my endeavorsso far. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,327 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author glskinner
Plot multiple lines on the chart, where two of the plots are the borders. I don't remember the exact requirements, but you can probably do this by bundling the values or building an array. Check the context help and the chart examples.

How to I create a single plot?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,310 Views)

Aren't you already creating a single plot? You just do that by wiring a numeric value into the chart. You plot multiple plots by writing multiple values at the same time. Like I said, look at the examples.

(4,292 Views)

ok, so I use a bundle to create two values and then I build an array into the waveform graph? Will I be able to change the cluster elements in real time? I need to be able to change the line position on the fly.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,288 Views)

I really don't know. I don't have LV open in front of me. Look at the examples (Help>>Find Examples). Read the help. Play with it yourself - create a small VI with a chart and a loop and see what happens when you bundle values or build arrays.

(4,274 Views)

Got it! I just Initialized an array, created a control and wired it to my Index Array and Bundle which connects to my waveform. Thanks guys,

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,267 Views)