LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Created Subvi deos not work

Solved!
Go to solution

I am new to programming in LabVIEW and I have tried to create a subvi in the Block Diagram. The Subvi works properly in the separate VI. when I dragged it to the Block Diagram, It can not be activated. That means I could not wire it to the input parameters. Also, the subvi creating option in the Edit button is not highlighted.  I attached the related photo below. I hope I could figure it out with your help.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,019 Views)

You need to connect your controls and indicators to the connector pane.  Before going any further, I suggest taking a look at the learning resources on the main page of this forum.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,002 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Avral

Any VI can be a subVI, but you need to define the connector pane.

The "create subVI" menu requires that parts of the diagram is selected and it will wrap the selected code into a subVI, removing that part of the code from the main diagram and wrapping it into a subVI. This will already define the connectors too, and if the toplevel VI was working, the new code will work immediately (with some exceptions) and in the same way.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,986 Views)

Thanks guys, I figured it out. that is exactly the connector pane issues. 

Best.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,960 Views)