From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Created Subvi deos not work

Solved!
Go to solution

I am new to programming in LabVIEW and I have tried to create a subvi in the Block Diagram. The Subvi works properly in the separate VI. when I dragged it to the Block Diagram, It can not be activated. That means I could not wire it to the input parameters. Also, the subvi creating option in the Edit button is not highlighted.  I attached the related photo below. I hope I could figure it out with your help.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,005 Views)

You need to connect your controls and indicators to the connector pane.  Before going any further, I suggest taking a look at the learning resources on the main page of this forum.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,988 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Avral

Any VI can be a subVI, but you need to define the connector pane.

The "create subVI" menu requires that parts of the diagram is selected and it will wrap the selected code into a subVI, removing that part of the code from the main diagram and wrapping it into a subVI. This will already define the connectors too, and if the toplevel VI was working, the new code will work immediately (with some exceptions) and in the same way.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,972 Views)

Thanks guys, I figured it out. that is exactly the connector pane issues. 

Best.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,946 Views)