From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Created Installer indicating Windows 7 or greater required, cDAQ running OS 7 indicates Windows 10 required.

Solved!
Go to solution

I created an EXE from source code developed with a LabVIEW 2020 f1 project on a Windows 10 Labtop and deployed it to a cDAQ 9132 running Windows embedded 7 SP1. Everything works normally!

I than created an installer from this same project indicating that Windows 7 SP1or greater are required and I received an error message when installing that Windows 10 OS is required.

I have created Installers utilizing this same labtop running Winows 10 and installing on the same cDAQ running Windows embedded 7 successfully with no issues utilizing LabVIEW 2020 (non f1). Is this error indicative of LabVIEW 2020 f1? It installed successfully when the installer was created with LabVIEW 2020 (non f1). I upgraded to LabVIEW 2020 f1 because there is a bug in the error handler of LabVIEW 2020!  And LabVIEW 2021 no longer supports cDAQ 9132 running embedded Windows 7.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,031 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sfrosty

Hello frosty,

probably this one here. When using a 20.7 software component the installer defaults to Win10...

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
Message 2 of 2
(978 Views)