From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create the 3d printer

Dear Labview community

I'm a Student . Right now , I got the machine with 3 axis and control by NI motion card (PCI 7350) and Prof told me to control it to draw something like 3d printer (using nozzle to extrude the material by Z axis)  . And  I already got the program and I wrote the question into the Labview . I hope Someone can share and help me to handle that 

I really appreciate that . Once against , Thank you so much

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(5,399 Views)

What is your question? I would recommend you to start by figuring out what you want to do (why not use a flowchart if you find it hard visualize the steps) and come back here if you have any LV specfic questions.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(5,385 Views)

Dear Hult

Right now . I want to move the motor to the position with the data was got by txt file . And I need to repeat that program with all of points into the file like gcode of CNC machine .

Thank you inadvance

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(5,334 Views)

So, where are you stuck?

Can you read the fle successfully?

Can you move the motor at all?

Can you move it to specific points?

As you've asked your question, the only way to help you is to write your entire application for you.  Nobody here is likely to do that.  You need to offer us something in this conversation so we know HOW to help you.  Let's start with where you're stuck and we can move forward from there.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(5,323 Views)

Dear Nata

I already read the txt file and move the motor at all . but I don't know how can I repeat that program for all of the data into the txt file . I have just done that with only one point .  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(5,305 Views)

Hi tihai,

I don't know how can I repeat that program for all of the data into the txt file . I have just done that with only one point .

With all programming languages I have worked so far I used "loops" to repeat certain steps in a program. I think you can do the same with LabVIEW… (Yes, sarcasm!)

LabVIEW even goes one step further: you can have loops, which process all elements of an array automatically one after the other: it's called "autoindexing"!

As you are asking basic LabVIEW questions I recommend to take the beginner courses offered by NI for FREE on their website!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 6 of 12
(5,298 Views)

Hello,

I know this is an old post but I would like to ask if there is any toolkit or add-on available which can directly read the gcodes and move the motor.

Regards,

Kashish Dhal

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,749 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,731 Views)

@eltico wrote:

Hi Kashish,

Take a look at this thread

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Motion-Control-and-Motor-Drives/G-code-interpreter-using-LabVIEW-done/m-p/2...

Regards,

PedroR

Eltico,

While that thread was ridiculous and gave me a good 5 minutes of laughs, it's not particularly helpful. The first post is some guy claiming he has developed something, followed by lots of people begging (and even "thirsting") for him to share it with them, with no response from the original poster.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,727 Views)

I think the thread you shared was waste of 10 minutes.

Please share something that works.

Regards,

Kashish Dhal

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,717 Views)