LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create picture of multicolumn listbox

Solved!
Go to solution

How do you create a picture of a multicolumn listbox?  I have data in a multicolumn list, and I need to send it to a pdf report, and I'm able to append control images to that pdf report.  I want to resize the multicolumn list's image, but maybe I can do that by turning it into a picture and appending that picture to the pdf report instead.

In brief:  Is there a way to add a resized image of a multicolumn list to a pdf report, with no special 3rd party stuff?  Or more immediately, how can you create a picture of a multicolumn listbox and send it to a picture control?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,829 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hchiam

To save a control to a JPEG, PNG, or BMP file in LabVIEW 8.0 and later, follow these steps:

1. Place your control on the front panel.
  2. On the block diagram, right-click on the control, and select Create » Invoke Node » Get Image.
  3. Go to Programming » Graphics and Sound » Picture Functions. Select RGB to Color.vi, and place it on the block diagram.
  4. (Optional) Create three numeric constants or controls, and wire one numeric to each input terminal on the RGB to Color function. These numbers are the proportion of red, green, and blue used in the color, and will be used to set the background color of the image of the control.
  5. (Optional) Wire the Color output terminal of the RGB to Color function to the BG Color input terminal on the invoke node.
  6. (Optional) Create a numeric constant, and wire it to the Image Depth terminal on the invoke node. Select an image bit depth (usually either 4, 8, 16, or 24), and type it into the constant.
  7. Go to Programming » Graphics and Sound » Graphics Formats, select one of the image file write VIs (Write JPEG file.vi, Write PNG file.vi, or Write BMP file.vi), and place it on the block diagram.
  8. Wire the Image Data output of the invoke node into the image data input of your chosen image write file VI.
  9. Instead of XY Graph Refnum it should be Multicolumn list Box refnum in your case.
Thanks
uday
Message 2 of 2
(2,808 Views)