LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create exe with some vi files

Solved!
Go to solution

I have used "Applacation Directory" as you say, but result the same.  

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(499 Views)

Hm, a picture doesn't tell as much as the VI.

Nevertheless, the path for the ".dot" has to be <path_to_exe>\report\report.dot. If it doesnt match this expected path, the open VI will return an error.

Working on the ".doc" path is convoluted (contains unnecessary function calls) and i am not sure if that is correct what you do here.

What is the exact error you get? What is it, that "is not functioning correctly"?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(491 Views)

When I work in LabVIEW all working correctly and my report open in Word. But in exe my report don't open. All files is located in one directory.   

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(486 Views)

@Darkhan wrote:

When I work in LabVIEW all working correctly and my report open in Word. But in exe my report don't open. All files is located in one directory.   

Incorrect statement -

you may think this is that case but it is not true!!!

All of the files that are used to build the report can be referenced from the application directory path IF THEY ALREADY EXIST before you run the code inside the application folder!!

All generated files - e.g. the report must be referenced with a spereate path - e.g. public application data path from the "Get System Directory" VI on the file path constants palette.

From the PNG you have posted, it looks like you are trying to build the report file INSIDE the EXE - you are NEVER going to be allowed to do this!!!

spilt your paths up into paths to files that already exist in the code and paths to files that you want to create or are file types of non NI type (i.e. not .vi or .ctl as these will disappear into the EXE at compile time.)

James

Norbert is right - A VI is worth 1000 words and 20 pictures!!

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(465 Views)

Darkhan,

It is worth pointing out that you have solved your origninal problem and this problem should have been posted in a new thread as this is an entirely new problem posted after you have found a solution. The forum is here to help others who come after you and search fro problems similar and right now you are starting to cause confusion!

James

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(463 Views)

I have solved problem. Before built exe file I had added LVClass and Report.llb folders.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(452 Views)