From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create custom "Method override" window

Dear LabVIEW community,

let me, please, ask you regarding the following.

Is there a way to customize "Method override" window, to include there some more features (like proposed here , for example)? I was checking this library (C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\resource\Framework\Providers\LVClassLibrary\NewAccessors\MemberVICreation.lvlib) and found method CLSUIP_CreateOverride.vi (C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\resource\Framework\Providers\LVClassLibrary\NewAccessors\CLSUIP_CreateOverride.vi). But it is password-protected, and still I am not sure that this is VI which is actually that dialog window for overriding a method.

Does there exist some hook VI to implement it, or this feature is built-in, and not possible to modify?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Sincerely, kosist90.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,736 Views)

Looks like all the work is done in "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\resource\Framework\Providers\LVClassLibrary\NewAccessors\VIRetooler\CLSUIP_RetoolVI.vi" which isn't password protected.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,649 Views)

I guess not (I've inspected this VI before) - seems, that this VI already receives reference for the VI to override - so dialog window is called prior to call of this RetoolVI... And I'd like to modify dialog window for selection of override VI...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,631 Views)

lc.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,623 Views)

Thank you, but could you please explain what does this example show? I've implemented it, but as input it requires "Member VI" - which is actually Parent's method to be overriden. But I'd like to change dialog window for selection of that method. I don't need to change logic of override VI generation - I'd like to modify window for its selection. And both VIs from your example do not contain that window, do they? Thanks a lot in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,599 Views)

@kosist90 wrote:

Thank you, but could you please explain what does this example show? I've implemented it, but as input it requires "Member VI" - which is actually Parent's method to be overriden. But I'd like to change dialog window for selection of that method. I don't need to change logic of override VI generation - I'd like to modify window for its selection. And both VIs from your example do not contain that window, do they? Thanks a lot in advance!

It's "CLSUIP_CreateOverride.vi" (which is what you were asking about).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,565 Views)

Thank you, now I understand. But still, that VI - does not have dialog window which I'd like to modify... Curious whether there is such hook at all...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,542 Views)