LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create custom "Method override" window

Dear LabVIEW community,

let me, please, ask you regarding the following.

Is there a way to customize "Method override" window, to include there some more features (like proposed here , for example)? I was checking this library (C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\resource\Framework\Providers\LVClassLibrary\NewAccessors\MemberVICreation.lvlib) and found method CLSUIP_CreateOverride.vi (C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\resource\Framework\Providers\LVClassLibrary\NewAccessors\CLSUIP_CreateOverride.vi). But it is password-protected, and still I am not sure that this is VI which is actually that dialog window for overriding a method.

Does there exist some hook VI to implement it, or this feature is built-in, and not possible to modify?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Sincerely, kosist90.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,720 Views)

Looks like all the work is done in "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\resource\Framework\Providers\LVClassLibrary\NewAccessors\VIRetooler\CLSUIP_RetoolVI.vi" which isn't password protected.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,633 Views)

I guess not (I've inspected this VI before) - seems, that this VI already receives reference for the VI to override - so dialog window is called prior to call of this RetoolVI... And I'd like to modify dialog window for selection of override VI...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,615 Views)

lc.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,607 Views)

Thank you, but could you please explain what does this example show? I've implemented it, but as input it requires "Member VI" - which is actually Parent's method to be overriden. But I'd like to change dialog window for selection of that method. I don't need to change logic of override VI generation - I'd like to modify window for its selection. And both VIs from your example do not contain that window, do they? Thanks a lot in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,583 Views)

@kosist90 wrote:

Thank you, but could you please explain what does this example show? I've implemented it, but as input it requires "Member VI" - which is actually Parent's method to be overriden. But I'd like to change dialog window for selection of that method. I don't need to change logic of override VI generation - I'd like to modify window for its selection. And both VIs from your example do not contain that window, do they? Thanks a lot in advance!

It's "CLSUIP_CreateOverride.vi" (which is what you were asking about).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,549 Views)

Thank you, now I understand. But still, that VI - does not have dialog window which I'd like to modify... Curious whether there is such hook at all...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,526 Views)