cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create constant NULL

Solved!
Go to solution

Good Afternoon.

I use a library in C for programming an aplication in Labview (I use call library function). The problem consist that I need introduce a NULL value as an argument inside the function. Somebody can tell me , How can I create a numeric constant NULL in LabView.

Thank you very much.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,035 Views)

A simple numeric constant with value of '0' possibly could do it. If not, you propably have to use "Not a Refnum"-constant (File IO-palette).

Posting the sources of the DLL and your present approach in LV (VI) could help in helping you...and please tell us which version of LV you are working with...

hope this helps,

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 2 of 4
(5,030 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Luismeg25
Norbert is correct. A simple I32 constant of zero will work. Just make sure to pass the value in by Value instead of Pointer to Value in the Call Library Function Node configuration, so that you pass in the value zero.
Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,994 Views)
Thank's you very much for yours answers. you were very fast. I could resolve my problem with this type of variables perfectly.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,968 Views)