LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create build for specific software and firmware set on cRIO

The thing is that we produce a distributed system and as new FW and SW is released about every 6 months, we need to update every cRIO unit we distribute pretty much every time we get to our customer as we develop the app on units with newest device drivers. 

Typical problem: we are going to use remote updates through the Internet (downloading .rtexe and .lvbitx files), but cRIO at the customer has old drivers. If I build it with recent drivers, it won't work, right?

I believe it has something to do with Component Definition tab in Build properties window, but not sure how to exactly think about the concept. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,068 Views)

Hey Thomas444,

After deploying your real-time build specification you are uploading a .cdf file to the controller (it does not include any drivers). This is just some kind of additional information what software should be installed on cRIO in order to work properly and it is specified by the developer.

Notice that after deploying your build specification you still need to proceed with software installation from MAX. Any software dependencies between cRIO and host PC may cause VIs deployment errors.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,025 Views)

Thank you for your answer, but I am not sure that I understand. Am I able to specify which software versions I want to build for, or is it restricted to the newest device drivers set on the computer?

From what I know, if I have both older and newer cRIO drivers support installed on my PC and I try to deploy an application through "Run as Startup" to a target with older drivers, there is an error saying that library (or its new version) is missing in the target.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,964 Views)