From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create an overlay image mask

Hi,

I am doing my project in labVIEW 2017. I am working on slide scanner development project to automate traditional microscopic slides to digital slides, which can be viewed on computer screen. As part of it I have to acquire many images of single slide which comes with overlapping. Images are acquired using camera attached to microscope. Images are stored in a folder . So I have to create a labview program to generate final joined image of a single slide from many  images of slides taken with overlap.

Actually I tried to do labVIEW program to join 2 images which are having some overlap. (join images along overlaping area) But I wasn't successful.

I would like to know how to do below described process in labview. I tried to do but it didn't worked out.

Form a mask that matches the pixels you to overlay from image2 onto image1 Use this mask to zero out all pixels in image 1 that are covered by the mask effectively erasing the space we will place image 2.then use inverse of the mask on image 2 so that it consists only of pixels you want to add. Now add these 2 sub images, effectively placing image 2 onto hole created on image1

I want to know how to automatically have control on overlapping areas in images.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,288 Views)

Works I have done till...

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,279 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,278 Views)