cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create an image indicator

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I am looking at the NI trigger camera example and try to learn. However, I get into one problem. When I right click the Grab function and click create an indicator for the image output, the front panel does not give me a picture. Instead, it is a grey out text indicator with the label "I/O". 

So my question is how to create an image indicator to show image? I also see another example with toolbars besides the image indicator. How can I get that?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,826 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jacobier

Indicators are on the palette of the front panel. Place one and you'll get a corresponding terminal on the diagram. Connect it to your data source.

Message 2 of 5
(2,816 Views)

So does it mean if I create one from the block diagram, I can't change the indicator type on the front panel afterward?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,809 Views)

Well, yes, but that would be a detour. You can go to the front panel and right-click...replace the wrong indicator with the desired one.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,800 Views)

Note, whenever you create a control/indicator for a subVI terminal on the block diagram, you'll get whatever is used on that subVI. It does not make sense to have images on panels nobody ever looks at.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,798 Views)