LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a table or excel with dates everytime a boolean is true

Hello, i have a question about how to do this.

The basic idea of the program is that when i get a true boolean, i want to register one date and time and a measurement, but only once, until the boolean goes false again. Any idea or tip on how to do it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,348 Views)

Hi edison,

so you want to store a measurement on each rising edge of your boolean?

Then use PtByPt-BooleanCrossing to detect such edges!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,343 Views)

And how do i save my measurement, time and date after this?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,338 Views)

Hi edison,

you save your data using any kind of file write function!

Which format do you need?

The simple way is to create a CSV file by using some string formatting function…

What have you tried? Where are you stuck?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,333 Views)

I tried to use write to measurement file and selected to write it in excel, all of this inside of a case structure.

When the boolean that activated the case structure was true it took around 25000 samples, but i only wanted the rms value of the data i got

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,306 Views)

Are you using an express VI to make this configuration ?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,288 Views)

just wire the desired data to the 1D data terminal of the Write Delimited Spreadsheet function. need some format the data first though, if it is a timestamp & rms either double or string can be used, depending on your preference; with the latter being friendlier to comprehend

CY (expired CLAD)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,282 Views)

Its always better o share piece of code/Snippet you developed, based on which we can suggest/ Recommend you the approach to solve the solution, Else it will lead to different kind of questions and followed with your explanation.

So Share the code which you tried.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,278 Views)