LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a prompt warning

How can I prompt a warning to the user when he/she writes an incorrect value in a "controller box". Another question is how do I create a start button for the whole script?

I guess these problems are easy to solve but I very new with using labview. I have tried the help file but it didn't help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,647 Views)
There are several pre-made dialog boxes available from the time&dialog palette. Just wire the appropriate message and call them if needed.

A complete application always "runs", you can set it to "run when openend" in the VI properties. Now you just need a "wait for input" state that monitors a button to start the experiment. Have a look at the various state machine examples that ship with LabVIEW.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,636 Views)
Thanks, I will try this.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,630 Views)

Something else to consider is changing your user interface design to prevent the entry of incorrect data in the first place. It's always easier to prevent errors than catch them after they occur. What kind of data does the operator have to enter?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,611 Views)
The operator needs to enter a startvalue and an endvalue (interger) and the startvalue can not be greater or qual to the endvalue.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,600 Views)

You could just accept the values anyway, then let the program figure which one's bigger and thus supposed to be the end value.

Just feed the two inputs to min&max (comparison palette), then flip them in the controls as needed using local variables. (If they are equal, increment the end value by one!). Basically implement an autocorrect feature. It is not worth bothering the user with such details. 😉

Message Edited by altenbach on 07-13-2005 07:11 AM

Message 6 of 6
(2,596 Views)