From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a new csv file for each measurement?

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear community,

I'm using a DMM+Switch setup (using NI example:  Switch - Scanning with a DMM - Handshaking (NI-SWITCH) .vi)

I would like to save a NEW csv file for each measuremnt (each item in the scan list). Is there a way to do that? I searched the forum but most topics are how to load multiple csv files. 

How do I set up the file name in this case? I want each csv file contains numbering like 101, 102, 103...but I cannot use %s or %d in the file path control box.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,641 Views)

Sure you can.  You use %d in a format into string, then build that into a file path.

For more help, attach the VI you have now so we can better guide you how to implement the changes.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,607 Views)

Hi thanks for confirming %d should work. I attach some screenshots here. Where should I put %d in the path? This VI is producing 4 values from DMM, say I want to create one csv file for each measurement. How do I do that?

Sample csv could be:

1.csv

|number 1|80|

2.csv

|number 2|90|

3.csv

4.csv

ylflex_1-1596166326005.png

ylflex_0-1596166290760.png

Also, how do I get the current route in the scan list, please?

Thank you,

Yanshu

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,556 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ylflex

Hi Yanshu,

@ylflex wrote:

Where should I put %d in the path? This VI is producing 4 values from DMM, say I want to create one csv file for each measurement. How do I do that?

As has been said before:

You use %d in a format into string, then build that into a file path.

I don't see any FormatIntoString function in your images:

Instead I see a whole bunch of Rube-Goldberg:

NEVER use ArrayToCluster followed by Unbundle when you can use a plain IndexArray function.

You don't need to call NumToFloat several times as it can handle an array as well!

That "separator" control should be a string constant…

Next time please post real code instead of images of code…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,543 Views)

Thanks a lot for this!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,494 Views)