LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a log in tab in tab control and to create one of the tab is disabled and grayed

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello there

Can you helpme to solve my question about log in in tab control? So basically i have two page in a tab control, page 1 contains log in such as username, password and login button and second page is nothing. After the user input the correct username and password into the string form, page 1 will be disabled and grayed and autmoatically will be in page two? I also upload the vi that i created and please correct me if i have something wrong about my vi.

Please help me with this asap, because i have assignment based on the lab view about client server.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(2,775 Views)

Well with what you have setup, unless the okay button is pushed (true) your code never runs. 

What problem were you having?

Wire Warrior

Behold the power of LabVIEW as my army of Roomba minions streaks across the floor!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(2,764 Views)

Actually it is worse than that.  The bottom loop will start running almost immediately and will never end.  If the upper loop ever starts running it also will never end.  Both have False constants wired to the Stop terminals.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(2,760 Views)

I have the problem that if i click the ok button after i submit my username and password the login form in the page 1 will be disabled, and the page 2 that was dissabled will be enabled.

Can you guys help me by uploading a correction of my vi to this thread? I need it asap for my assignment.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(2,755 Views)

Hi,

Here is a very dirty VI with what you need. I had no time now to make it ok.

But it works and with small adjustments (errors and so on) it's better than yours.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(2,752 Views)

Thanks, this is the basic for what i need.

But how you can make blue box with selection of the pages with name Seikarte 1 and 2? And how to edit them so i can change to the text that i want?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(2,748 Views)

Hi,

Aaa.. the blue box is an Enumeration Constant. Because I've used something like this you cannot change the name of the Tabs. To fix it:

Simply replace these two Constants with Numerical Integer Constants 0 - for the first Tab and 1 - for the Second Tab. It took me a while to understand what you wanted to say :). This way you can change the name without getting an error.

I've rewritten the entire VI in order to be clean (I was ashamed of the previous one). You can still use the first one.

Just an advice: Even if it looks at the beginning more complicated try to use Event Structure all the time when you have buttons. The use of loops with buttons and if structure (like in your vi) creates a lot of problems and it's hard to debug.

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(2,729 Views)

Sorry to ask you again, because i am new to labview so i don't really get it what you create hehehe.

How do you add some new tabs called tab 3,4 and so on and put the case of tab 3,4, etc.  into enumaration constant just like in the enumaration constat it has item called showFirst, hideFirst, etc so i will have new two items in the enumaration constant for the show and hide?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(2,727 Views)

Have you worked through the on-line tutorials for LV?  They only take a little time and will help you with these very basic questions.

Is this a school assignment or a job assignment? People who participate in this Forum are glad to help others learn about LV, but we will not do your homework for you.  If it is a job assignment, again, we will not do your work for you.  If he job is so urgent that your employer cannot wait for you to learn LV, then I recommend that the job be posted on the LabVIEW Job Openings board or contact your NI representative for suggestions about contractors/consultants in your area.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(2,723 Views)

Sorry about that, i post this question because i want to do my Final Year Project at degree and the requirement is pretty high so i want to add a log in form in the tab control and i faced some problems about that but i don't know hot to fix these problems

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(2,721 Views)