LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create TDMS Reference - Error 7

Hi all,

I am following the example of 'Dynamically Creating New Files' in the cRIO Developers Guide (P53) but I am getting an error suggesting the path I create is not correct;

TDMS Ref Error 7.JPG

The strange thing is.. if I create an indicator of the File Path (19), change to constant and rewire, the error disappears;

TDMS Ref OK.JPG

Any idea what the issue could be?  It has me stumped Smiley Sad

Cheers,

Pete

Regards,

Peter D

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,731 Views)

What happens if you only concatenate the filename and build that with the path "c:\"

That is what I always do.  I never put the entire path as a string...

Buildpath.png

Kind regards,

- Bjorn -

Have fun using LabVIEW... and if you like my answer, please pay me back in Kudo's 😉
LabVIEW 5.1 - LabVIEW 2012
Message 2 of 6
(2,726 Views)

Hmm... I tried on my end and no error is generated. Have you tried pulling just that code out and putting in a new VI to see if it happens?

Message 3 of 6
(2,724 Views)

Thanks for your replies.  A combination Smiley Wink

No Error.png

This works with no error.

I restarted my application, re-deployed the host and it works!  It would be interesting to know why it didn't before.. I had been playing around with this for a while, so I possibly didn't close an old reference to "tempdata0".. who knows

Regards,

Peter D

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,715 Views)
Hi, There is no need for the sequence, is there
Kind regards,

- Bjorn -

Have fun using LabVIEW... and if you like my answer, please pay me back in Kudo's 😉
LabVIEW 5.1 - LabVIEW 2012
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,712 Views)

Good point Smiley Very Happy

It's included in my application as I'm also starting the FPGA and initialising some controls in the first sequence.

Pete

Regards,

Peter D

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,707 Views)