LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create TCP connections with NICs on RT (RT 2013 PXI-8109 PXI-8231)

Solved!
Go to solution

I have two PXI chassis, PXI-8109(RT 2013)+PXI1042+PXI-8231(2) . The PXI-8109 has two Ethernet port plus two PXI-8231 , each chassis has 4 Ethernet port.

The No.1 Ethernet port of the PXI controller is the default main port for connection between host and the RT target. The other ports are in another subnet.

The first chassis:

1.jpg

The second chassis:

2.jpg

Now I want to establish TCP connections between the ports that in another subnet.

My question is the “TCP Open Connection.vi” does not has the “net address” parameter as the “TCP Listen.vi” has. So I failed to establish my TCP connections.

3.jpg

By the way, I can establish UDP connections freedom. And the PXI-8109 has two Ethernet port, so I believe there are some method that I don’t know.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,823 Views)

TCP Open takes the IP address as a string value, "Address".

Keep in mind that if you want to communicate between interfaces that are on different subnets, you will need a router(s) between them.

Machine Vision, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Surveillance

www.movimed.com - Custom Imaging Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,799 Views)

Your problem is that three of the ports are on the same subnet, but are not linked to each other. When you open a TCP Connection, you don't specify which outgoing interface to use; instead, the operating system figures it out based on the destination address, network connection priority, and other routing rules. On an RT machine I do not know of any way to change the routing tables or adapter priority. Instead you should reconfigure the IP addresses or netmasks so that the operating system can determine which port to use for a given destination address. If you put multiple adapters on the same subnet, then those adapters should be physically connected as well.

By default UDP will broadcast over all applicable adapters, and does not maintain connection state, which is why you can send data over UDP.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,793 Views)

The route command is for windows.  I want to do it in RT.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,771 Views)

@hm7 wrote:

The route command is for windows.  I want to do it in RT.

Sorry, I don't think you can do it. Change your network configuration.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,767 Views)

Each Ethernet port will simulate an instrument, and the real instruments are in the same subnet. So I put the ports on one PXI chassis.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,716 Views)

If the real instruments are on the same subnet, then the simulated instruments should also be on the same physical subnet.

It might help if you diagram the connections you hope to make, since I still do not understand why you have two separate PXI chassis, each of which has three network connections that are all on the same subnet.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,700 Views)

thanks for your attention, the stucture is

无标题.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,607 Views)

I'm sorry, I don't understand your diagram. Is the "Switch" a physical switch or a network switch? Why does this arrangement preclude you from physically linking all four NICs (1.1,1.2,2.1,2.2) on the same network?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,575 Views)

I am sorry, the picture is bad.

无标题.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,559 Views)