From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Express VI with varying numbers and types of terminals

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I'm trying to create an express vi that has different numbers and types of output terminals depending on what a user selects. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Does anyone know where I can find examples or tutorials?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,525 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sunnysideup

Assuming that you *really* want to do this, you can purchase a toolkit from NI to create Express VIs.  I personally use Express VIs about as often as I use local variables (ie. not if I can help it).  I would recommend that you consider polymorphic VIs instead (search Help for polymorphic).  If you really want to go the Express route, you'd better hurry, the toolkit is only being sold for another week.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,511 Views)
Express VIs are just flimflams glued into Labview with cheap glue. Invest your time and money in something better

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,507 Views)