LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Arbitrary Waveform. VI - volatile memory on Agilent 33250A

I am attempting to use the create arbitrary waveform.vi from the Agilent 33XXX driver palette that is pushing the waveform to a 33250A. The waveform is created and configured after it reads data from an excel spreadsheet, however, the program throws an error when I attempt to push any waveform that exceeds 500 data points, which I believe in this case a data point is equal to a row in Excel. The specific error I get is '-222,"Data out of range; value clipped to upper limit"'. 

I've read the 33250A manual and to my understanding, the instrument should be able to handle several thousand data points, far more than 500, IF the data is being kept in its volatile memory. When investigating into the create arbitrary waveform.vi, the help menu stated that it takes the data from the spreadsheet and stores it into its non-volatile memory, but the background code shows the commands that are being inputted are for volatile memory, so I'm confused as to what is actually happening (see attached pictures).

cstrong15_0-1647018913188.png

cstrong15_1-1647018960780.png

The VI I'm creating is a reconstruction from a different graphical programming language -  Agilent/Keysight Vee 9.33. Vee allows for direct I/O commands to the instrument, something LabView does not, at least not that I'm aware of. Those direct I/O commands allow the user to configure the instrument to its volatile memory state. If anyone has any experience or recommendations for the why create arbitrary waveform.vi says that it stores data in non-volatile memory, but the commands suggest that it stores it on volatile memory or converting a Vee program to a LabView one, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
cstrong15   

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(798 Views)

Hi cstrong,

@cstrong15 wrote:

The specific error I get is '-222,"Data out of range; value clipped to upper limit"'. 

Is your data in the expected range?

The message is not about the number of samples, but about their value...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(775 Views)

I'm not familiar with what the expected range is, but the minimum value of the data set is 0 and the maximum value is 1920. The data is a time sequencing in seconds, starting at 0, increasing by 10 seconds every row, until it gets to 1920 seconds. So my largest value would be 1920.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(769 Views)

Hi cstrong,

@cstrong15 wrote:

I'm not familiar with what the expected range is,

It is given in the images you attached in your 1st message!

@cstrong15 wrote:

but the minimum value of the data set is 0 and the maximum value is 1920. The data is a time sequencing in seconds, starting at 0, increasing by 10 seconds every row, until it gets to 1920 seconds. So my largest value would be 1920.

Can you create waveforms with a small number of samples and values from 0 to 1, just to test your VI and the AWG device?

(When this works you can try to use other value ranges and/or larger waveforms…)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(737 Views)

Hi cstrong,

@cstrong15 wrote:

The VI I'm creating is a reconstruction from a different graphical programming language -  Agilent/Keysight Vee 9.33. Vee allows for direct I/O commands to the instrument, something LabView does not, at least not that I'm aware of.

Vee seems to support such "direct IO commands" for Agilent/Keysight/HP devices as Vee was created by Agilent/Keysight/HP…

LabVIEW also supports such "direct IO commands" for DAQ devices made by NI: the driver is called "DAQmx"!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(734 Views)