LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creare Network Stream Reader Endpoint launches error -314350 if target is executable

Solved!
Go to solution

I take an example Simple Network Streams.lvproj supplied with LabVIEW 2015. It works fine in LabVIEW environment. Then I build an EXE file using Simple Network Streams - Target.vi of this project and try to run the Target as EXE and the Host as VI (Simple Network Streams - Host.vi).

Step Creare Network Stream Reader Endpoint  of  Simple Network Streams - Host.vi (runs in LabVIEW development environment) launches error:

Error -314350 occurred at Create Network Stream Reader Endpoint in Host.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  Another application is already streaming data to an endpoint in the context you specified.
If you specified a context name in the reader name or writer name terminal of the endpoint, you must specify an unused context name.
If you did not specify a context name, you must specify an unused context name by entering an endpoint URL in the reader name or writer name terminal.

I reastarted LabVIEW and the whole computer, so there is no another application that could stream. However, the error does not disappear. What could be the reason?

Thank you

(4,336 Views)

Your code has an error in it.  Without access to the code (meaning the two VIs, not pictures), it's is a real challenge to guess which VI (or both VI?) are wrong, and where.

You should have a Project with all of your VIs, and the Build Specification that you used.  Compress the folder that contails all of these files, and attach the resulting .zip file.  We'll be able to see, and test, what you did.

Bob Schof

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,312 Views)

Hi Bob,

Thank you for reply. I attach the code but it is not my code. It is a NI Example project. Both VI-s are original (as installed with LAbVIEW 2015). I added only build specification.

(4,304 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author _Y_

When you stream to/from an application you need to provide a "context_name" in the URL.

To make your (OK, NIs) examples work in this "context":

In the Target.vi - prepend the endpoint names with "//localhost:sns".

In the Host.vi - change the Target IP Address control input to "localhost:sns".

Check out the last entry in this reference:

Specifying Network Stream Endpoint URLs

For more Network Stream Details:

Lossless Communication with Network Streams: Components, Architecture, and Performance

Note that these examples are just starting points. More code is needed to make a robust application.

steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 5
(4,292 Views)

Thank you steve,

It solves the problem.

And once more confirms how lausy Google searcher I am:)

(4,272 Views)