From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crashing whenever trying to list errors

Solved!
Go to solution
After doing some tidying of a complex section of application code Labview now refuses to list errors and i cannot find any.  Labview then promptly exits.  Has anyone else come accross this with Labview 8.6.1 ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,421 Views)

Do you see the run arrow?  or is it a broken arrow?

If it is a run arrow, you will not see a list of errors.

However, if you click run and it exits, then there is something strange.

Do you use a Quit LabVIEW vi anywhere in your code?

R

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,418 Views)

The arrow is broken.

Clicking on this opens a blank errors window before promptly crashing.

There is no code to quit labview in the code as the application will ultimately be compiled as stand alone.

This behaviour is something that I have not seen as a repeatable problem before even after a computer reset.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,409 Views)
Hopefully you don't have a corrupted VI. Do you see the same thing happening on earlier revisions of the VI? What happens if you copy the code and place it into a new VI? Does the new VI behave the same way? Can you upload the VI?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,388 Views)

Earlier versions do work correctly with deliberate errors inserted, the error is then listed rather than crashing.

This is the first time that this is happening.  The main vi is gettingto a fair size now with new events, some complex, being added and ties into the front panel closely making use of many many property nodes.  I am hoping I do not have to resort to earlier saved versions as it would require significant work to again reach this point with no understanding as to why.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,372 Views)
After an e-mail from one of the support engineers I am ensuring that 8.6.1 upgrade is installed.  Apperently the problem with vi's between 1MB and 3Mbv in size has been noted and supposedly fixed in the latest upgrade incarnation.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,369 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author blown_leaf
Following on from my previous reply I have now installed the latest incarnation of 8.6.1..(E).  This appears to have done the trick.   I have also left in a bit of ctl code suggested just comprisong of a big cluster of number inputs on the front panel (out of sight).  I can't see what effect this would have but it is supposed to be removed for the final version of the program.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,349 Views)
What is 8.6.1 (E)? According to this page, there's 8.6.1f1, but it makes no mention of issues with VI file size.
Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 06-10-2009 11:33 AM
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,336 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,328 Views)

E for English?

Where did you find that .exe on the NI website?  I searched and couldn't find it.

The link you gave is to the temporary directory on your hard drive.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,323 Views)