LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crashed Labview driver install has left PC unstable

I am running Labview 7.1 and 8.2.1 on a Windows XP SP2 PC.
I was having a problem verifying the LV 7.1 license with the license server, (ideally we wanted 8.2.1 working with a license server and 7.1 using a local license). But anyway, we decided to reinstall LV 7.1. Removal went ok, during the reinstall the installer crashed whilst installing drivers. The computer now blue screens at random within about 5 mins of booting up. This happens whether or not Labview is run. The stop message refers to: DFS_FILE_SYSTEM and mup.sys.

Is there a recommended procedure for cleaning up all Labview drivers on a system? Is there any known way in which a crashed Labview install can affect other parts of the OS?

Luke

Luke_A_P
--
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,376 Views)

Hi Luke,

I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues with our software, the usual procedure for when this occurs is to clear out the drivers and software using a tool called MSI blast and then do a re-install, please find the program here:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=250&message.id=34373&requireLogin=False

In relation to your second question, LabVIEW uses a variety of drivers inside the windows operating system, and also has a few backend services that are always running which may be the reason for the issue popping up after a few minutes.

All the best,

Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,356 Views)