LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counting TTL pulses using USB 6008

Hi Folks,

I am trying to setup a performance monitoring VI for a manufacturing line.

I am going to use a sensor at the end of the line to count the number/rate of boxes that come of the line and perform a calculation to give us the productivity.

The problem I have is that I would like to be able to scroll back over time to view historical productivity. Also I would like to be able to insert reason codes for downtime and print off a report at the end of the week showing a productivity graph and downtime associated with the line.

I am new to Labview and I am not sure if this can be done, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tony.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,730 Views)

All of this can be done in LabVIEW. I am not sure what you are looking for over here but would like to recommend to go through examples that are shipped with LabVIEW (Help -> Find Examples). Try a few examples and if you have questions after that, please let us know.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,723 Views)

Thanks Adnan,

Its coming up with web server not running?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,710 Views)

Is this the issue:

Error: NI Service Locator is Not Running

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,700 Views)

Adnan,

It was saying NI web server not running, but I was inadvertently using a demo version, when I changed to full version I could access the examples.

However I am struggling to find any suitable examples.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,693 Views)

Search 'count'.  Count Digital Events.vi is the most basic one of interest.

Of course you won't find an example of counting pulses, analyzing the data and creating a report.  You'll have to put all the pieces together yourself.  This is just a start.  The good news is that LabVIEW is designed to do just the type of thing you're needing and your app will be quite simple to contrive once you get the hang of LabVIEW.  I suggest going through the many tutorials to get the basics down before you try to architect your program.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,687 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,663 Views)