From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counting Pulse of Flow Meter on 9426 DI Module

Hello

I am a complete newbie. I have just received my new NI 9426 Digital Input Module and it sits in a 8 slot cDAQ-9188.

I have installed Lab View 2012 Signal Express and NI-DAQmx drivers.

I have connected 4 flow meters (open collector) that pulse 263 times per liter.

http://www.digisavant.com/PDF/FS-4400H-Spec.pdf

I have added them in LabView as Acquire Signals and I can see a stream of 0 and 1 on at least one of them. I just used 100 samples and 1k Hertz for now and "Continues Samples". For the other three I am still checking if it's a wiring issue or voltage etc.

What I really don't understand is how to count those edges now. Would I need another software? Is this possible via free software (I am in some sort of 7 day evaluation period). What other software packages are there?

I have used Google and I saw people with the NI9426 have used .vi files to count from flow meters, but I fail to understand if I can use this in LabView or not. As you can tell, I am just a bit puzzled. I wish I would have much more time to read all the documents, but at this moment I am working on a project with a very tight schedule and the most important is to get the counting up and running quickly. At a later stage I will have time to learn more

I have attched the project file, not sure if that would help.

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,444 Views)

Since you are working with Signal Express and you posted a signal express project file, you should post your question in the Signal Express forum.  This is the LabVIEW forum.

If you want to do this in LabVIEW, look in the example finder for DAQmx examples about digital edge counting.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,439 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,430 Views)