From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counter frequency slow/stop

Hello,

I am a bit new with using counters to measure frequency. I need to read the frequency from the counters at 100 Hz at least between 0-20KHz so I setup my vi to read it and it works fine if the signal is at a set frequency but as soon as I try to vary the frequency from my generator the vi stops and the daqmx read channel times out and it gives me the error -200284 "Some or all of the samples requested have not been yet acquired " even though I am trying to get them and the vi just stops when the frequency changes. Is this application possible with counters? Am I doing something wrong? I have attached my test vi. I'll appreciate any help. I have a NI9401 with cDaq 9188

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,332 Views)

Hi Bertha,

Please take a look at the following example:

Meas_Dig_Frequency-Buffered-Cont-High_Freq_2_Ctrd.png

I believe this example will work for you directly. The only option you would want to change is "High Frequency with 2 Counters" to "Low Frequency with 1 Counter". As a note this is a MulitfunctionDAQ question. You generally want to post these in the Multifunction DAQ Forums. You will get faster responses on your DAQ questions there.

Best Regards,

Jignesh

Best Regards,
Jignesh Patel
Principal RF Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,298 Views)

Just a programming note:  Create sub-VIs for your different structures.  This will clean up your code and make your bd easier to read.  Also, create some other mechanism to break out of the while loop other than using a stop button.  The stop button should only be used in develope mode and perhaps this is your intention, but keep that in mind.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,288 Views)