From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Count Occurence of Strings

You are right, it's counting how many spaces it receives in a second, not the actual number of incoming strings... Is there a way I can just sense that a string is received and trigger something like a boolean, and just count how many times that boolean turns TRUE or something?

Thanks,
SM

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(896 Views)

Sure, try to describe that trigger or boolean and find it.  An example of typical messages would help but like I said a return followed by a space may work.  Or you can get more fancy and try to find it using regular expressions, which I have less experience with but know is possible.  Also instead of the simple search replace, you could have a while loop, that finds the search with more work but will be more flexible.  Either can do something like "Find a string that starts with a space followed by a string".

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(889 Views)

I was trying to use a While loop to pulse a boolean light when it receives a string of any character, and just count how many times a second that light is pulsed. But I couldn't get it to work. Do you have an idea or an example on how to do this?

Thanks,

SM

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(858 Views)