LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Count Occurence of Strings

You are right, it's counting how many spaces it receives in a second, not the actual number of incoming strings... Is there a way I can just sense that a string is received and trigger something like a boolean, and just count how many times that boolean turns TRUE or something?

Thanks,
SM

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(883 Views)

Sure, try to describe that trigger or boolean and find it.  An example of typical messages would help but like I said a return followed by a space may work.  Or you can get more fancy and try to find it using regular expressions, which I have less experience with but know is possible.  Also instead of the simple search replace, you could have a while loop, that finds the search with more work but will be more flexible.  Either can do something like "Find a string that starts with a space followed by a string".

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(876 Views)

I was trying to use a While loop to pulse a boolean light when it receives a string of any character, and just count how many times a second that light is pulsed. But I couldn't get it to work. Do you have an idea or an example on how to do this?

Thanks,

SM

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(845 Views)