LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupted VI Freezing LabVIEW on Run

Hello,

I have encountered an extremely frustrating bug.

I have a VI (host side) which interfaces with a cRIO-9040 FPGA and does measurements.

I was testing code on the host VI, and accidentally put a "Single Button Dialog" pop-up window in a fast running for loop, forcing me to use Task Manager to end LabVIEW.

Ever since then, when I run the VI, LabVIEW freezes completely! No errors are displayed, but the cursor changes to a hand with a single finger, and I am unable to interact at all with LabVIEW.

I have edited the code (I tried using VI server ref and having it abort immediately) numerous ways to cause it to try and reset, however, it doesn't help, it immedaitely freezes.

It seems like that VI thinks that a "dialog" window is open, is there any way to reset this?????

I have renamed the VI, copied the code to another, AND NOTHING has done anything...

Any suggestions how to fix this? The VI  would be painful to write from scratch.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(953 Views)

@Gryffin wrote:

the cursor changes to a hand with a single finger,

Which finger? 😆

Have you tried restarting LabVIEW or your PC? 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(944 Views)

Mass compile

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(938 Views)

Hello,

Did you try to copy/paste the code into a new VI ? Or to save it for a previous version of LabVIEW ? It may force a kind of copy of the code, potentially without the "freeze source" in it (...or not).

It will not solve your current issue, but perhaps should you consider using source code control to avoid, the next time this problem or a similar one occurs, a re-write from scratch of your VI (SVN, Git, Mercurial, Perforce...)

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(917 Views)