LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupt llb - please help to decorrupt it!

Well, regardless of using LLBs for development purposes, this can be also considered to be a lesson for using source code control......

just my 5 cents,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 11 of 23
(2,262 Views)

@Norbert B wrote:

Well, regardless of using LLBs for development purposes, this can be also considered to be a lesson for using source code control......

just my 5 cents,

Norbert

Even better Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(2,259 Views)

@smercurio_fc wrote:

@Norbert B wrote:

just my 5 cents,

Norbert

Even better Smiley Wink

I have seen this to often. The LLB file system is vulnerable during write operations. And this seams to increase with LLB size. Not to long ago I got a LLB zapped to zero file size by Labview. So I would say do not use them during development. And use some sort of source code control. That store files on a seperate disk .I have as far I can remember. Never seen this kind errors in vi.lib LLBs. These LLBs is only read. Or at least they should only be read not written to 😉

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
Message 13 of 23
(2,229 Views)

If you want the corruption protection of SCC without the hassles, it is very easy to setup a Cloud Storage backup like DropBox to automatically store copies of all your files (including older versions).  Completely transparent to all of your operations, but there when you need it.

Of course if you also need to know whom to flog for introducing a bug into your pristine code, you'll need SCC.

Message 14 of 23
(2,226 Views)

Hi Florian,

you can repair your llb with a hex editor (e.g. xvi32). You have to change three bytes and add some at the end.

Change Byte x11 to xC1, x12 to x3B and x13 to x6C.

Add 2160 Bytes (can all be 0) at the end.

The overall size of your llb should then be xC1A8C0.

With this changes you should be able to load your llb and also your top level vi.

Mike

Message 15 of 23
(2,213 Views)

@MikeS81 wrote:

you can repair your llb with a hex editor (e.g. xvi32). You have to change three bytes and add some at the end.

With this changes you should be able to load your llb and also your top level vi.

Enquiring minds want to know the method behind your madness...

Message 16 of 23
(2,209 Views)

Darn it worked. I have attached the fixed LLB in case you have never used a hex editor

Hope you have learned. Always use some sort of source code control.Or at least some sort of backup during the day Never use LLB then doing development. You can create a LLB later if needed

I used winrar to comjpress the file. So even if the filetype is zip. It is rar file. I had to rename it, in order to download it. See link for downloading winrar. If your zip tool can not open rar files

http://www.rarlab.com/

@MIKES81 could you please share some of your wisdom on this matter

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
Message 17 of 23
(2,164 Views)

Andrey Dmitriev, MikeS81, Coq Rouge - you're my heroes! Seriously, thanx a lot again! You saved me to do a lot of rework... I work now for about ten years with labview and I always did backups. This time my backup mechanism collapsed. For me it's clear to not use llb anymore in developing stage.

Thank you, thank you, thank you again! 🙂 This is the best Monday morning I ever had!

Cheers

florian

Message 18 of 23
(2,128 Views)

Hi Mike,

Any ideas on how to fix a corrupted VI using your Hexeditor method ? I have another active thread which explains the situation. Unfortunately my file is too large to add at this stage.

Cheers

Jamie

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(2,033 Views)

Upon request through private message I'll convert snippet to regular VI and leave it here.

Message 20 of 23
(1,671 Views)