LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupt llb - please help to decorrupt it!

Hello,

Unfortunately I had a crash while using labview. Now the whole llb is corrupt and i cannot open it again. Could someone of the application engineers try to decorrupt it? It's very important for me, because I have to finish the project until next week. It's made with LabView 8.2.1.

I splitted the file in 3 pieces. To put them together do:

-Unzip each piece to the same directory

-open part one (I used 7-zip)

florian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 23
(4,532 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23
(4,531 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23
(4,534 Views)

Hi, Florian,

In most cases it is quite complicated to repair such corrupted llbs. Well, sometimes its happened with llb (especially if llb is pretty big). The only NI engineers can properly repair it, because internal structure of these files is not published and not available.

But we can use the fact that llb is just container for VIs and controls. Signatures of these files can be recovered (they beginning with RSRC), so you can split your corrupted llb into separate files (not all files may be recovered, because some are corrupted already), something like that:

llb repair tool.png

In attachment archive (7zip) with extracted files.

Hope it helps a little bit,

Andrey.

Message 4 of 23
(4,509 Views)

Hi Andrey,

Oh man, you make me very happy! Smiley Very Happy This helps, off course! Much, much better than write the whole app from scratch! 

Thank you very much!

florian

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23
(4,502 Views)

Is there maybe a chance to get HCU_FT.vi running? Because it's the top-level vi...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23
(4,497 Views)

@Florian Meienberg wrote:

Is there maybe a chance to get HCU_FT.vi running? Because it's the top-level vi...

Unfortunately no, there are some garbage info at the beginning of this file (therefore, probably whole llb was corrupted). 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23
(4,489 Views)

OK, thank you a lot anyway! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 23
(4,492 Views)

You should consider this a lesson why you should not use llbs for development. LLBs were great when they first came out since they got around the 8.3 naming limitation of Windows. They also allow you to use invalid characters in filenames, which many see as a problem, not an advantage. In general, LLBs should be used for distributing code, not for development. Use old-fashioned folders.

Message 9 of 23
(4,491 Views)

OK, in future, I'll follow your advice!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23
(4,488 Views)