LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correspond motor positions with time in APT motor controller incorporated in LabVIEW

Hey there 

I'm using Labview to control a stepper motor from Thorlabs. I want to apply a tangential movement in my system. This movement should be controlled regarding traveled distance, velocity and acceleration. I was able to do such controls. Additionally, I'd like to correspond motor positions with time to generate a graph/chart, when I set a distance of movement. I couldn't do that as I've not found a way to export motor positions from the APT interface in LabView.

To aid my explanation, I made a simplified version of my code and is attached. Its name is "saad_simplified_version". The file is compressed with other VIs downloaded from Thorlabs website regarding motor control. 

Additionally, I took a short video of the APT interface in Labview which is as well found in the compressed file. As you can see in the video, I highlighted the values that I need to be exported to a waveform graph/chart. These values are different positions of the motor that have been covered when I set a distance of movement (the motor moved from position 1 to 3). I need to take these values and correspond them with time to generate a graph/chart. Would it be possible to export such values? 

Software: LabView Professional Development System (2017-32bit) 

The stepper motor used is LNR50S/M - 50 mm (1.97") TravelMax Translation Stage, M6 Taps 
The controller is BSC202 - Two-Channel APT™ Benchtop Stepper Motor Controller 

Regards,
Saad 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,187 Views)

Hey Saad,

Typically property and invoke nodes can be used to access specific values from front panel controls or indicators. Is this an option? 

I don't have the APT interface so am unable to test this.

It may also be worthwhile contacting Thorlabs for information on this control.

Best,

-Jelmer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,138 Views)

Hi JelmerD 

Thanks for replying. 

Yeah, I know that there should be a way to use property/invoke nodes to get these values. However, after reading description of the methods (these methods can be applied by invoke nodes) programmed by Thorlabs, I haven't found what I want to achieve. I contacted engineers in National Instruments and Thorlabs in the last two weeks. They tried to help, but unfortunately we were unable to to find a solution. So, I thought I might find a solution if I post this in the Discussion forum. Hopefully, I'll find a way to achieve my goal soon. 

Regards,

Saad 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,129 Views)