From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correct way of including NI packages to LabVIEW for LVRT?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I have downloaded three LinuxRT packages (if you know of more, please let me know) for doing work with LVRT.  For reference, they are as follows:

LinuxRT-Errno-master.zip

LinuxRT-IPC-master.zip

LinuxRT-Utilities-master.zip

Each of these have various subdirectories within the zipped image (eg Builds, Development, and source).  Within the Builds directory are .vip files.  Development has .vipb files.  Then, deeper down are the .vi and .lib files.  The packages each contain a README.md file but I cannot find any additional information about the correct way to import these files.

It appears that these releases are directly from NI, though, I cannot be 100% sure about that.

What is the correct procedure for adding in these additional libraries/VIs?

Thanks in advance for any information you are willing to provide,

Andy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(555 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MAKennedy

I believe that you are referring to these links.

NISystemsEngineering/LinuxRT-Errno

NISystemsEngineering/LinuxRT-IPC

NISystemsEngineering/LinuxRT-Utilities

Go to the Releases tab and download the .vip file. Double-click the .vip file to launch VI Package Manager, then click Install. After installation, you can click on the Show in Palette or See Example button.

The rest of the files are the source code to build the .vip file. You can ignore them unless you want to make change to the source code.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(527 Views)

Thank you ZYOng.  That was the piece I was missing -- the Package Manager.  I attempted to import these directly into LabVIEW and got errors.  I'll give your suggestion a go.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(503 Views)