LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Core 1 online course using LabVIEW 2018

Hello,

I need to complete the online course called  Core 1, but my small company is using LabVIEW 2018 and all of the exercises are compatible with LabVIEW 2019 and later.

Is there a way to complete this course using available exercises compatible with LabVIEW 2018?  I've got to think there's a way to make this work, but I can't figure it out on my own.

Thanks for any help out there!

- Jeff

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,058 Views)

Just download and install the LabVIEW Community Edition.  It is a free non-commercial use license for LabVIEW 2020.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 3
(2,023 Views)

Here in 2023, I am at my place of business where we have a license for LabVIEW 2020. My boss would like the new and intermediate users in our department to work our way through the Core 1 courses. But the exercises are locked away from us (we get the "(Hex 0x465) File version is later than the current LabVIEW version." message). We'd like to use the LabVIEW Community Edition to access the exercises, but we can't get IT to install it at work due to the non-commercial license.

There are other online LabVIEW courses, but none carry NI's official stamp of approval. Locking away the Core exercises from commercial users who don't have the current version of LabVIEW stifles the growth of the community. (On balance, it encourages businesses to buy the latest version of LabVIEW... I'd be curious to see NI's calculation of maximizing sales at the cost of alienating new users.)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(792 Views)