LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying a file while labview is writing on it

I have a system deployed that store data into a .CSV file. This file is constantly storing test results, but our Quality Control department requires to check this data when file it is stil been written, so I shared data over network in this way it can be copied for another users everytime is needed.

This will cause sometimes an error when either in my Labview application or Remote user when both try to access at same time.

Is there a way that labview checks if a file is been used from another user?

I'm using Labview 2011 in WindowsXP and 7

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,117 Views)

First of all, this board is for feedback for the forums.  You really should be posting in the LabVIEW board.  I'll ask the moderator to move this thread for you.

Now as far as having two applications reading the data from the same file, I have been successful doing this with Ultra Edit.  Since you are using CSV files, that should work.  I don't know of any other program that has been able to do this.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,105 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

First of all, this board is for feedback for the forums.  You really should be posting in the LabVIEW board.  I'll ask the moderator to move this thread for you.

Now as far as having two applications reading the data from the same file, I have been successful doing this with Ultra Edit.  Since you are using CSV files, that should work.  I don't know of any other program that has been able to do this.

Yes move the thread.

Try using a *.tdms.  (Just saying- but all the OPs problems with third party program checking go  "Bye-Bye G'Night" when using TDMS's)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,085 Views)