LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying Project To ThumbDrive Gives Error Warning

Solved!
Go to solution

When I copy a project to my thumbdrive and open it up from the thumbdrive, the top level VI in the project folder shows "Warning: has been deleted, renamed, or moved on disk."  Also, no files are shown in the dependencies tab.  How do I resolve this?

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,428 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author testdesign

Are you copying only the .lvproj file? If so, you're not copying any code. To make sure you get everything you can open your project and go to 

File  >  Save As  >  Duplicate .lvproj file and contents

Message 2 of 6
(2,427 Views)

To add to what gregoryj has said; the lvproj file is simply an indexing file that contains references to all the other LabVIEW files on disk as well as project-level configuration such as build specifications etc. The file itself doesn't contain your VIs. If you explore the folder where you have the project contents saved you will see your created VIs etc. as well.

Message 3 of 6
(2,420 Views)

I am copying the .lvproj, .aliases, and .lvlps files.  They are all there.

I see the warning problem with all the files copied.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,396 Views)

What about your *.vi files? Your *.ctl files? Etc. make it easy on yourself and either make sure that all project contents are in the same folder (so you can just copy the folder) or use the project export option solution already mentioned.

Message 5 of 6
(2,393 Views)

@testdesign wrote:

I am copying the .lvproj, .aliases, and .lvlps files.  They are all there.

I see the warning problem with all the files copied.

Those are not the actual code. They just point to your code (VI files) and help keep things organized. Don't confuse it with the packed libraries (.llb) of old. 

Message 6 of 6
(2,390 Views)