From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy config to another pc

Anthony,

In order to find the source of this error you really need to look at the source code.  The error is clearly occurring in the "Config Data Registry" vi.  If you put a breakpoint in this VI you should be able to find out exactly where this error is being thrown.  If you post this vi here I can take a look at it and see what the problem might be but realistically if there's someone there that knows how to use Labview they would be the best one to find out exactly what's going wrong (since we don't have your exact hardware setup).

I hope this helps,
Justin D.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(952 Views)
Unfortunately, the person who knows LabView has asked me for help. What vi do you want? Can I email it to you?

Thanks!
Anthony
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(950 Views)

Anthony,

The VI of interest would be "Config Data Registry.vi" because this is where it seems to be crashing.  If you attach this vi to this discussion forum thread I'll take a look at it and see if I can find any clues as to what could be going wrong.

Justin D.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(934 Views)
That .vi file is embedded in a .llb file. Do you want me to post the whole llb file? or is there a way to pull the .vi file out of the .llb? ..... sorry.

Anthony
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(932 Views)
Hi Anthony,

You should be able to just open the VI and save it somewhere else (like your desktop), then post it here.

Let us know if that doens't work out for you.

Regards,
Matt S.

LabVIEW Integration Engineer with experience in LabVIEW Real-Time, LabVIEW FPGA, DAQ, Machine Vision, as well as C/C++. CLAD, working on CLD and CLA.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(918 Views)
Here is the VI. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(909 Views)
Anthony,

The error that you are getting is a custom error that you guys construct in your program.  The reason none of us had seen this before is that it is totally proprietary to your VI.  Error "0" really has nothing to do with it.  You guys just never gave it an error number so it defaulted to 0.  Here's the relevant piece of code that does this...

It looks like this error is thrown when the "config data" that you are looking for is not found in the 1D array of config data that's stored in a shift register in your while loop.  Why this condition is occuring....I really don't know.  That would be best determined by someone who really knows this application since this error is not a LabVIEW generated error.

I hope this helps,
Justin D.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(899 Views)
For some reason that image didn't post.  Here's a link to the image.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(893 Views)