LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Labview 7 vi in llb manager to LV2010

Ok, so I'm hacking a bit here since I haven't been able to find another way to do this. I have a .exe that was written in LabVIEW 7. If I "open" the .exe from LabVIEW 2010, the llb manager opens and lists all of the vi's in the program. Of course I can't just click on a vi and open it in 2010 since the version is too old. Is there a way to "save" the vi's shown in the library manager so that I could then save them to a directory and open them with Labview directly. If not, then I would like to know if anybody has experience programming a Graphtec GL500A directly. I've searched and haven't found anything for this device.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,456 Views)

Since you can certainly open version 7 VIs with 2010, I'm guessing the error you are getting is no block diagram exists. The default for creating an exe is to remove block diagrams and without one, the is no way to convert to a newer version.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,439 Views)

Thanks Dennis. I actually went back after I posted this and discovered that exact message further in the fine print on the popup I got when trying to open them. I don't have any experience with actually building a LabVIEW driver for USB (that isn't a Plug and Play) and when I recognized the application software for this device as having been written in LabVIEW, I thought I would be able to learn something new. I'm still looking for anyone who has experience with the Graphtec GL500 DAQ. Other than that, if you know of a good reference resource I may try to slog through it. As with most projects these days, they want it yesterday.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,414 Views)