From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert lab view 7 to labview 2012

HI i have a VI written in Lab view 7 , and I'm currently operating on lab view 12. When i tried to open the Vi in 2012 it display some errors and I see not all files were converted . Is there anyway i can convert the lab view vi 7 to labview 12 . pls help me asap

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,411 Views)

You need to post this VI in the Version Conversion subforum.  This is not the place to ask for a VI up-conversion.  If you post it there, however, you will likely have it converted in no time!

EDIT:  Upon second look, you should already be able to open that VI in 2012! 😄

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If someone helped you out, please select their post as the solution and/or give them Kudos!
Message 2 of 6
(2,403 Views)
You don't need any outside help to do the conversion. Just install the traditional daq driver. This has been discussed numerous times.

You really need to rewrite the program to use DAQmx.
Message 3 of 6
(2,402 Views)
Do NOT post on the version conversion board. Rate of time.
Message 4 of 6
(2,395 Views)

I'm able to open the VI in 2012 ,but some features were missing and it doesn't let me to run the VI .

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,318 Views)

@ajit_kumar wrote:

I'm able to open the VI in 2012 ,but some features were missing and it doesn't let me to run the VI .

As Dennis correctly pointed out (after my initial misreading), you need to replace the out-dated DAQ VIs with the new DAQmx VIs.  The APIs are pretty different so there is no tool (at least that I know of) to convert this automatically for you.  Your best bet is to read this guide  and try to slowly update the functionality of the program.

Your other option is to try to install the old drivers (http://www.ni.com/download/traditional-ni-daq-legacy-7.5/4498/en/) to run the program as is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If someone helped you out, please select their post as the solution and/or give them Kudos!
Message 6 of 6
(2,312 Views)