From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert analog voltage to velocity

Hello

I'm new into the DAQ systems. I have a air velocity sensor that outputs 0-10v analog signal (Degree Controls F400).

It outputs 0V for 1m/s

10V for 20m/s

I want to map the input values so that labview will display 1m/s for 0v, 10m/s for 5V, 20m/s for 10V and so on.

You assistance is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Dilshan.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,438 Views)

Hi Dilshan,

Where are you having problems?

If you use the DAQmx VIs to read the voltage, you can apply a custom scaling to convert the output to m/s.

If you have some other data source, and so you receive a voltage directly (or you want to avoid using the built-in scaling), you only need to use a linear equation to convert from one to the other - just make sure you know what equation values you want (because initially I thought you wanted y=2x+1, but I see that doesn't fit. Then I considered y=1.9x+1, but you also list 10m/s for 5V, which would fit more likely to y=2x (which doesn't match the 1m/s at 0V point)).

Make sure you've checked the range you expect (perhaps it reads 0V at 0m/s?) and that the expected output is linear. If not, use a different equation! LabVIEW can do whichever you need.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,436 Views)

Please try:

Velocity = 1.9 x Voltage +1

I hope this will work for you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,386 Views)