LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert LabVIEW NXG Project to LabVIEW 2018

Hi everyone,

I have created a Project in LabVIEW NXG and would like to convert it to LabVIEW 2018. Are there any possibilities to do so?

If it is not possible to convert the whole project, is there at least a way to convert the VIs?

So far I have only found informations about how to convert from 2018 to NXG or from 2018 to older versions...

Thank you very much,

Jonathan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,028 Views)

@jonathanbe wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have created a Project in LabVIEW NXG and would like to convert it to LabVIEW 2018. Are there any possibilities to do so?

If it is not possible to convert the whole project, is there at least a way to convert the VIs?

So far I have only found informations about how to convert from 2018 to NXG or from 2018 to older versions...

Thank you very much,

Jonathan

No there is not.  You'll have to rewrite your code in LabVIEW 2018 using the NXG code as a guide.

Why do you want to switch?  What caused you to start in NXG and now migrate your code from it?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,998 Views)

Thank you,

I already found the corresponding knowledge site here.

I think we will have to use NXG.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,990 Views)

@jonathanbe wrote:

Thank you,

I already found the corresponding knowledge site here.

I think we will have to use NXG.

Be careful about going down too far down the NXG path, as you may corner yourself by needing a feature that isn't yet available.  My NXG takeaway is that it's not quite ready for prime time yet.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,969 Views)